Introduction to Cranio-Sacral Therapy
The therapeutic light touch of Cranio-Sacral Therapy (CST) has a supporting role on the central nervous system.
The central nervous system (the Brain and Spinal column) are the control centre of the body and are responsible for maintaining every other major body system in balance. Problems within this system can cause a wide range of sensory, motor or neurological disabilities.
Our bodies store and remember physical and emotional traumas in the cells of a thin sheet, a tough skin like structure of connective tissue called "Fascia" which, surrounds all organs, muscles and vessels.These traumas can be the results of accidents, illnesses, physical and emotional distress, birth traumas, dental traumas, sports related muscle and joint injuries, and head and back injuries to name a few. The traumas translate into tensions and altered holding patterns throughout the body. If these physical or emotional trauma issues are not addressed, they can persist over months and years, and the inevitable results are pain, chronic discomfort and numbness, leading to physical and mental fatigue and anxiety which will then become the new inprinted pattern within the body and mind.
The Body manifests what the Mind believes and
the Heart feels. Qigong Master Shen Chang
- Tension headaches, Migraines
- Neck, Shoulder and Back pain
- Head and Spinal cord injuries
- Stress reduction, insomnia
- Emotional and Depression issues, Anxiety, Stress
- Coordination and Concentration difficulties
- Facial pain, Temporo-Mandibular (TMJ) Dysfunctions
- Dental and Orthodontic problems
- Recovery from surgery
- Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia
- Birth Traumas and the benefits of early Intervention with Cranio-Sacral Therapy and Visceral Manipulation for New Born Babies, Infants, Children's are:
- Sleep Problems, Colics, Torticollis, Feeding "suckling" challenges, C-Section and Sensory Processing Dis-Functions (SPD) to name a few and many other congenital and acquired health challenges may be avoided or reduced So that a normal healthy development can be carried into Adult Life.
The International Alliance of Healthcare Practitioners www.iahp.com
British Columbia Parks and Recreations www.BCRPA. ca